The PA AMR Conference Committee will host the 2022 conference at the Ramada Inn and Conference Center, State College, PA on June 22-23, 2022.
“New Opportunities on the Horizon”
With a theme of “New Opportunities on the Horizon,” our 24th annual conference will highlight initiatives underway to ensure the continuation and improvement of reclamation programs and policies related to:
- New AMD treatment system technologies, tools, and products
- Construction case studies and lessons learned
- Land remediation, reforestation, and reuse
- Water quality monitoring
- Operations, maintenance, and rehabilitation of treatment systems
- Non-profit organization capacity issues
- Community involvement, special events, education, and outreach
- Coal mining history and heritage preservation
- Mapping, drones, equipment, and other helpful new technologies
- Legislative updates and concerns at all levels of government
- Economic redevelopment, health and safety, and quality of life topics
- Climate change, energy, and AMD
In the past, we have had such varied topics as the history of baseball in coal patch towns, prevention of lyme disease, preserving collieries, computer software designed technologies, reauthorization of the AML Fund, economic benefits of reclamation, AML issues in Germany and Bolivia, the establishment and support of non-profit organizations, and everything in between. If your topic can be related to what our community does, we would love to consider it for our conference!
The PA AMR Conference is the longest-running annual environmental conference in Pennsylvania focused on abandoned mine reclamation and the associated issues our communities face. The PA AMR Conference provides a forum for the dissemination of information and encourages discussion between industry, watershed groups, and decision-makers that can help to further innovations in public policy, abandoned mine reclamation, and restoration of PA’s watersheds and communities.